Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Position Reports to: Project Director
- The Sr. Program manager will work hand in hand with the senior management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial and grants management integrity of the MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project to help address the following major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity in Nigeria namely: violence against women and girls (VAW/G) with a particular focus on intimate partner violence and sexual violence, reduction in child early and forced marriage (CEF/M), delayed acceptance of family planning (FP) and access to antenatal services. It is anticipated that MCGL will support the operationalization of existing policies, guidelines, and strategies that aim to mitigate VAW/G and develop new ones where applicable to improve MNCH/FP/RH outcomes.
- USAID Nigeria is also very interested in building and enhancing the local capacity of new and underutilized partners to stimulate and sustain gender transformative social and behavior change that prevent VAW/G, CEF/M and early pregnancy. .
- Thus, the Senior Program Manager will therefore contribute to the Agency’s New Partnership Initiative (NPI) by providing targeted technical and capacity development assistance to federal, state and local government entities and local organizations in-country (to be determined by the initial assessment) for sustained improvements in MNCH/FP/RH outcomes, thus advancing Nigeria’s country progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- S/he will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation, ensuring compliance with USG and Jhpiego regulations, developing monitoring and early warning systems and supporting state offices in overall program management.
- The Sr Program manager will coordinate with the project team and oversee staff in-country to ensure subawards achieve program goals.
- The Sr. Program manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach and program documentation.
- He/she will serve as the primary point of contact on program management with donor and GoN stakeholders and will report to the Project Director.
- Supports senior management in providing management and technical oversight of program, ensuring that program activities are effectively and efficiently implemented.
- Provides management and support to state and country teams to ensure optimum support to business performance management, work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and subaward management within established policies and principles of Jhpiego, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards set by the donor.
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and that senior staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals.
- Oversees workplan monitoring systems development and implementation.
- Provide coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner.
- Provides timely and accurate programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to senior management, the state officials and donors as required.
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors, states and partners about the project.
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to program management and project staff
- Supervise and manage the program team to ensure conformity to the project goals and deliverables.
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope to meet program objectives.
- Ensure timely writing of program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Jhpiego and the donor as stipulated in sub contract agreement
- Provide input to manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor and Jhpiego management.
- Advanced degree in Development Studies, Public Health, Health Administration, International Health or a related field
- Strong understanding of social and behavior change, empowerment and gender-based violence prevention frameworks.
- 10+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in GBV program implementation
- 5+ years’ experience managing large, multi-year international sector development projects (approximately $2 mil per year) that have implemented successful activities in areas of gender, human rights, social behavior change studies – emphasis on gender, equity and inclusion.
- Understanding of the Nigerian (or similar) social and political context and developments in the health sector
- Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving program needs
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, the private sector and other donors.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID-funded projects, regulations, compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational and team-building skills.
Job Title: Project Driver
Location: Cross River
Position Reports to: Administrative Officer
- The TMEC/RISE program is a 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
- In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
- This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
- The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance
- The Driver will be responsible for driving the project vehicle for official business purposes, including driving staff to project – supported facilities within the State.
- He/she is expected to have experience in maintaining motor vehicle (s), ensuring that the vehicle policies are adhered to, driving and assisting with other routine office duties.
- The Drivers will maintain vehicle mileage and related records as required by Jhpiego policies.
- S/he is expected to be flexible and work longer than office hours when in the field and departing/arriving from the field.
- Minimum of secondary school certificate (SSC)
- Valid driving license with excellent driving ability
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
- Basic computer literacy
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
- Working knowledge of a local language in the project state will be an advantage.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Cover Letter and CV as One Single Word document to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email and application. Eg. “Senior Program Manager- Abuja
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- Jhpiego reserves the right to close this vacancy announcement early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline Close of Business; 6th November, 2020.